Merry meet!
Yesterday, I went on an adventure!
I went to the BEACH! I f**king love the beach. A lot. It's incredible. Sand all up in my toes, sun beating down on me, the smell of the salt water....Bliss. We went to a part of the beach I had never been to before, a part that no one ever goes to, at all, for any reason, and it was incredible. The beach was covered in dead sea weed, and you'd think that that would make a beach unattractive, but it was quite the opposite.
Where there wasn't a carpet of dead seaweed, there was sand made from bits and pieces of broken shell.
I mean, this beach was absolutely covered in sea shells. You couldn't walk barefoot for fear of cutting your feet on the broken pieces! It was amazing! I've never seen such a wondrous place in my life. Beach goers before us had left so many things that every step was like a treasure hunt. It is absolutely amazing what people will leave behind. I found a pair of flip flops, two sets of rusty keys, 4 pairs of sunglasses, a buoy, buckets, headlights, 30's light bulbs, a boomerang....Just amazing.
As we were swimming, fish kept jumping beside us and we couldn't step anywhere in the water without touching a hermit crab! The number of beautiful shells I got was astounding. I even got an empty hermit crab shell (I could have had plenty, but I refused to pull a living crab out of it's house-that just seemed wrong...) and a pelican feather, which I plan to use in a ritual or as a quill pen, I don't know just yet.
As we were leaving, my brother in law kicked the Jeep into 4-wheel-drive and took us "sanding" which is like mudding for all us southerners, theres just no mud, it's all sand. :-) We sped and spun and 180'd our way to the exit, where we drove through miles of country to get back home. The ride there was almost as amazing as the stay at the beach. As far as the eye could see, there was nothing but rice fields and forest and ghost towns. So many of the buildings were abandoned in High Island (the town right before Boliver Peninsula) that it's a miracle what was still open remained open. I would have thought that one tackle shop wouldn't be very successful surrounded by abandoned tourist shops and empty gas stations. Hmm.
Also, before I go, Pumpkin update: This cat will be the death of me. He never stops meowing or knocking over everything on my altar. Grrrrr.
Until we meet again,
Blessed be!
-HR )0(
No comments:
Post a Comment