Thursday, July 4, 2013

Lughnasadh!

Merry Meet!

Lughnasadh is coming up pretty quick! I know it's early, but I'm already planning that days celebrations. If I don't, I will procrastinate and never properly celebrate the holiday. And we can't have that.

A little bit on the sabbat:

Lughnasadh (or Lammas to some), falls on August 1, usually, and it marks the beginning of harvest season. Apples are ready, grains are ready, stuff like that. It's also a time to honor Lugh, the Celtic god of crafts, so remember to decorate your altar! :)

That's the short version, a summary if you will. All through this month leading up to the actual day, I will be posting things related to the upcoming holiday, so keep a look out for that. It'll be like recipes, and fun crafts, things for the kids to do, should you have any! Things like that. I'll post pictures of my altar for the season and things that I make this next month, in honor of Lugh. 

Blessed be, all you lovely people!

Love, HR.

No comments:

Post a Comment